Founded in 2002, BlackPeopleMeet.com is the largest dating website for African-American people in the United States. For nearly 15 years, the site has been connecting black people throughout the nation according to its mission: “Creating Relationships. Connecting Lives.”
Online matchmaking portals don’t survive this long, or grow to be this big, unless users feel safe and the system is a pleasure to use — BlackPeopleMeet.com provides both of these.
Of particular importance is the unique profile system that allows users to share audio and video content, photo albums, pre-made “flirts” that casually let others know that you are checking them out, messages, live chat, pictures and more. Plus, new visitors can create their profiles without paying a cent. Members do not need to be black, but the owners of the site make it clear that, in addition to safety and user-friendliness, BlackPeopleMeet.com is successful because it is a “focused community.”
A free trial is offered, but paid members have the ability to send and receive messages, and for an extra $4 per month, can receive notifications if a message recipient has opened their message. Users can also see who’s visited their profile and how many times they have done so. If you want to take things slowly, the site can be accessed for just one month at the cheapest rate of $13.
BlackPeopleMeet.com is perfect if you enjoy meeting and talking to new people, and an updated Android app is also available on Google Play to make the dating experience even more enjoyable. The site also runs an advice blog, with contributions from professionals such as Dr. Sherry, Niecy Nash, and dating coachDemetriaL. Lucas, while social media followers are connected with further guidance from relationship experts across the Internet.
With over 200,000 Facebook likes, more than 2,000 Twitter followers, and nearly 50,000 app downloads, it is easy to see just how popular BlackPeopleMeet.com is.
If, like many other African-Americans, you can’t resist any longer and you would like to see what awaits you inside the thousands of BlackPeopleMeet.com profiles, you will need to create your free profile first. To complete the setup process, simply get onto a device that is connected to the Internet and visit the following URL: blackpeoplemeet.com.
After you enter the URL in your web browser, you will arrive at the home page of BlackPeopleMeet.com, where you will be given the option to “Sign Up FREE and Browse.”After you select what kind of relationship you are looking for, where you are located and your date of birth, the administrative process begins.
You will need to create your username and password:
- Usernames and passwordscan only be formed with letters and numerals, and must be from 4 to 16 characters in length. The system will not accept dashes, spaces or underscores.
- During the profile setup process, the system will inform you if you have chosen a username that was previously taken by another user, and will provide you with several alternatives, in addition to giving you the option to choose a completely new username.
- You will need to provide an active email address to register.
The home page at blackpeoplemeet.com also provides registered users with the option to log in, and this is where you will need to return to log in every time.
As a registered user, if at any time you would like to change your password or have forgotten your password, please carry out the following steps:
- After you click on the “Log In” link at the home page, you will be taken to the login area. On the right-hand-side of the page, you will see an option that reads: “Forgot password?” and a link that reads “Click here” underneath it.
- Press the “Click here” link to be taken to the “Forgot Username/Password?”area, where you will be asked to enter your email address and the characters that are displayed.
- An email will then arrive in your inbox shortly afterward, containing a link to reset your password, as well as clear instructions.
- After you follow the instructions, you will need to enter a new password after your initial login – it is essential that you choose another unique and secure password.
If you do not see an email from BlackPeopleMeet.com during this process, check your spam, bulk or junk folders.
However, if you require further assistance with a password-related matter, or if the recovery/reset process did not work for you, then you will need to send an email to the following address: contact@BlackPeopleMeet.com. It is a good idea to enter this email address into your address book, or add it to your email application’s safe list, as this will mean that the site’s correspondence will always land in your inbox. If all else fails, then you may need to contact your email or Internet provider to work out what the issue is.