Etrade is an online brokerage based in New York that provides a wide range of retail financial services. The firm, which is NASDAQ listed, spreads all across the US with thirty branches. Basically, Etrade uses professional workforce and e-commerce systems to their investors. For those eligible, one can choose among various types of account offered.
Opening an Account in Etrade
It will only take you fifteen minutes to create your own online account at Etrade. To qualify, you have to be at least 18 years old and a verified US citizen or resident. Fill out the provided online application form with your name, your address, your employer’s address, your date of birth, and your Social Security number.
On Etrade’s website, it was stated that they have the right to verify and check your information via third party. They can even ask you for more additional identification documents like your driver’s license. Once you have registered, Etrade will then send you a confirmation email, along with the login instructions.
Initial Deposit Requirements
Etrade provides their clients with trading and investing accounts, education and retirement savings accounts, and checking accounts. For ordinary trading and investing accounts, it can cost you $9.99 for the initial deposit. For individual, custodial, and joint brokerage accounts, you need to make a $500 deposit. Forex trading and futures trading accounts require $2000 and $10000 initial deposits, respectively. And for the Etrade checking account, you only need $100 as initial deposit.
How to Login to Etrade
Getting proper access to Etrade is fairly easy. Follow these simple steps.
- In your internet browser’s address bar, click on the link to be directed to Etrade’s main login site https://us.etrade.com/e/t/user/login
- You can see on the right part of the screen a gray box. There, you will be required to provide your login information. Input our user ID on the field provided.
- Provide your password on the field specified.
- On the dropdown menu, choose the option where you wish to access within your own Etrade account.
- Once you gain access, hit the logon button.
How to Retrieve Forgotten Etrade User ID or Password
In case you have forgotten either your Etrade User ID or password, follow the steps below.
- On the logon box of the site, check the highlighted text asking if you have forgotten your user ID
- Provide your Etrade account number in the first field provided.
- You will then be asked to provide your social security number and tax ID number. Input these details in the next field.
- Provide your last name when asked.
- Enter your zip code that is associated with your account in the field for the zip code information.
- Hit the continue button to completely process. Each step will give you particular details on how you can successfully recover your user ID or password.
- Once you recover your user ID, go back to step one of the login process to start.
Etrade is an online financial services provider. It is but imperative that you take care and secure your user ID and password at all times to avoid any inconveniences in the future.